Organic tulsi: Holiness and Health Combined
Tulsi, known as “the queen of herbs” holy basil is the most scared herbs of India. In fact, Tulsi had been grown for spiritual reasons in the gardens of most Indians homes for thousands of years.
Tulsi is also a powerful medicine for a lot of common ailments. Some key benefits are:
1. Soothes coughing and cold: Tulsi is an important constituent for many cough syrups & tablets. It helps in clearing cough in bronchitis. Whentaken with honey & ginger, is an effective remedy for flu, cough & cold.
2. Antioxidant properties: It has beneficial effect in blood glucose levels due to its antioxidant properties. It helps to reduce blood sugar level.
3. Helps with headache: Tulsi is as important when it comes to headache. Applying tulsi with sandal wood paste can also be a great relief fromheadache.
4. Cures acne: Tulsi is an important elements to cure skins disorders like acne,cyst etc. It also lightens spots appeared due to acne. Chewingleaves of basil or taking juice of basil purifies blood and reduces skin irritation and acne.
5. Anti-stress agent: Recent studies have shown that basil can be a very good anti-stress agent. Taking tea with basil, twice a day, can preventstress.
6. Kidney function: Basil has a beneficial effect for kidney. In case of stone, the juice of basil leaves and honey, if taken regularly, will expel them viaurinary tract.
7. Teeth disorder: Basil can be used as a good medication for teeth disorder. Tulsi is also an excellent mouth freshener and destroys 99% of germsand bacteria found in the mouth.
Needless to say, multitudinous benefits and no side-effects of tulsi make it an important ingredient of our life. From mental stress to physical ailments, everything can be cured with these little basil (tulsi) leaves. All you need is to embrace it in your routine, and surely, you will experience a healthier self-being.